Tuesday, January 25, 2011

white water rafting

Sunday, we got the chance to go WHITE WATER RAFTING!!  It was awesome. I loved it.  It was gorgeous-there were lots of waterfalls on the cliffs next to the river and we were basically in the midst of a jungle.  There were six people to a raft with one instructor. Our tour guide was named "Ricky" and he was really funny.  At the beginning I was paddling the wrong way and he asked me if I was trying to swat mosquitos, haha..eventually got the hang of it :) They said it has "class 4" rapids which, according to wikipedia, are "very difficult," but it really wasn't that bad, hardly any of us had ever been white water rafting before and we all made it out okay :)  Rivers here tend to be more shallow and have more rocks than ones in the United States, according to people who had been before (aka not me lol).  About 25 of us went from my school and we all had a blast...and only two people fell out the whole day (also not me haha). We did get to swim alongside the raft in some of the calm parts though.  It was so fun. If you've never been rafting, it's something you should put on your bucket list :)










our raft with Ricky, our guide

3 comments:

  1. What AWESOME FUN! You've wanted to do this for years. So glad you were finally able to ride the rapids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethy, I thought ya'll were supposed to dress up fancy everyday! Heels and dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, yes next time i will wear 3 inch heels to the jungle/river. yes??

    ReplyDelete