Friday, January 21, 2011

feliz cumpleanos a ti!

Yesterday was my roommate's birthday.  We went and got our nails done to celebrate. We had to take a bus to get there and our mama tica showed us the way.  She even held my hand as we were crossing the street :)  Later, mama tica taught us how to make her awesome pasta.  I'm hoping to take a cooking class next month so I can learn how to make the food for when I get back homoe.  After, I went with my roommate to a yoga class, which was pretty intense! I kept up...until the point where we were supposed to balance on our heads in some strange yoga pose. haha.  Later, we took a cab and went to Castro's, where we could put into practice some of the salsa and merengue we learned at the dance classes at school :)

feliz cumpleanos kalifa!
instead of a number on the cake, mama tica put a '?'  because she wasn't sure if she had permission to put her age. lol :)

Today, we had a field trip for my Spanish class to the "Museo de los Ninos."  We have to do a presentation on part of the museum next week.  It was fun-there were some cool rooms and fun things to see and do, ice cream, and some adorable little kids! It's fun to be a kid again :)

The children's museum used to be a jail!

new friends, haha :)


apparently this is what the precolombian era of costa rica was like. lol. 

yep, that's me. haha, i'm not sure what these are exactly, but we got to try them on, which is why this museum was great :)


No comments:

Post a Comment