Monday, January 3, 2011

First Days

Costa Rica is wonderful! Yesterday was my first official day. I got to meet my wonderful, wonderful host family--they are great.  There is also another student staying at this house, and she seems great too.  Our host mama tica makes sure we are never in need of anything, and is always cooking AMAZING meals. 

Today was our first day at the university and we had orientation and a placement exam.  We also got the chance to meet many other students and find out about the trips we will be taking, which sound great! There is a trip every weekend this month.  The first is this weekend to Tamarindo Beach!

I am nervous for my Spanish class tomorrow...I think I may be in a little over my head, but the class is for conversation skills which will definitely be useful for everyday life here, so it could be just what I need.

Also today, a group of us got to go to downtown San Jose which was fun!  There is much, much more to explore here though, can't wait. 

2 comments:

  1. Beth...
    So excited to hear about your first days. What an adventure! I spoke to a friend at the hospital today whose daughter stayed with a host family in San Jose and attended a university there. Bet it's the same! She had an incredible experience. Know you will, too.

    Thanking God that He has given you eyes to see all that's good about the new environment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an adventure for sure! So far so good though. I'm glad she liked it~hopefully I will too! Thanks for the thoughtful encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete