Friday, March 25, 2011

el ultimo dia...

It's a weird feeling. It's almost the same as right before I came...just as I couldn't believe I would be coming to Costa Rica, now I can't imagine leaving. It feels right, normal to be here, walking the streets of San Jose.  I'm going to miss all the good friends I've made here, my AMAZING host family and mama tica in particular, an awesome roommate, this city, the beautiful places around Costa Rica, the beaches, the Spanish, and so much more that won't hit me until I  return to the states.

I've been keeping busy this week--lots of lunches with people, dessert trips, a couple cooking classes, a Saprissa (Costa Rican soccer team) game, and lots of other things I've been trying to squeeze in.  Tonight, our last night, we are headed to the National Theatre to watch a dance company and then meeting up with a bunch of people from Veritas as sort of a 'goodbye' night. And before that, a last dinner and some time with the tica family. And oh yes, somewhere in there, I should probably pack. I head out tomorrow morning at 8am.

I hate goodbyes anyway, but here it is especially weird knowing that aside from maybe one or two, you will most likely never see these people again.  It's just the experiences you've had together and the impacts you've made on each other's lives. Over time, the details might fade, but my time in Costa Rica is one I will never, ever forget and wouldn't trade for anything.

Adios a la pura vida, a Costa Rica....hasta otra vez :)

No comments:

Post a Comment