Sunday, February 13, 2011

Halfway Point

Today marks the halfway point for my time in Costa Rica! On one hand, it has gone by so fast, but on the other, it feels normal to be here, like I've been here a long time. This was another quick weekend--

Started with class Friday morning. We all did short presentations on a certain country and got to leave early. yay!  I went to lunch with some friends at "The Veggie House" and got a wrap which had a soybean torta (cake) in it. It was a little outside my food comfort zone ha, but it was good-ish. After, we went to the mall for a bit and later to a "circus" in downtown San Jose. It was really just some clowns doing acts, but you could really see the cultural differences.  Some things were funny to the Ticos (the Costa Ricans) but not to us lol. And time is much more slow and laid back here, and you could definitely tell during the acts...our short-American-attention spans got a little bored at times ha. But it was fun to see!

Later, I went with a group of girls to a restaurant one of their mama tica's is the head chef at...Tin Jo's! It was probably one of the best, if not the best, dinner I have had since I've been here. 6 of us split 4 entrees and 3 desserts so we got to try everything..Kung Pao Chicken, Pad Thai, Chicken Teriyaki, Coffee Chocolate Cake, cheesecake, and fried Banana tempura with ice cream. It was AMAZING. Since her mom was the chef, we got a nice little discount too :)

YUMM =)
Saturday, we headed to Puntarenas for the beach! The beach was nice and really long.  This was my first trip on a bus that wasn't from either our tour group or just a public bus in San Jose, so that was a good experience.  There was also a carnival going on in Puntarenas, so we there were lots of food places, vendors, and concerts.  There was also a parade, so we lined the streets with all the other people, only to find out that the parade was allll horses.  They were pretty and were doing a kind of high step that was fun to watch, but it was by far the most horses I have ever seen in one place in my entire life. lol.

Still can't believe we are halfway done; halfway with my time in Costa Rica and halfway with my second month of classes. wow! Goes by fast.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like one of your re-entry adjustments may be food related! lol.
    4 entrees & 3 desserts ~ hmmmmm. To you, I'm sure that translates ~ yummmmmm!

    ReplyDelete